Thursday, February 25, 2010

Having the "dog talk"

We've known for about a month that we are getting a dog.  We have a wonderful friend at church that is moving out of state soon and they approached us about adopting their dog.  It was such a blessing because we knew that when we moved out of the apartment the next step was dog ownership.  The boys talk about getting a dog ALL THE TIME!  Just in case we didn't get it (and to keep them from asking us non stop when he was coming) we never told the boys about this future addition.  So last night at dinner I started talking to BAM about a dog and when we should get one, etc. etc... We asked him what kind of dog we should get and he answered "Chihuahua" just like Nana's dog Coco.  I asked him where we would get this dog and he said, "a delivery truck will come outside our house and it will have lots of Chihuahua's in the back and we get to pick one and it will live with us."  I was of course showed amazement that there are actual doggy delivery trucks.  I asked where the trucks come from and he told us, "well mom we're going to need a LOT of metal and paint."  I was of course confused as to how metal and paint had anything to do with the doggy business.  "Well mom, we have to make the truck with the metal and then paint the truck."  Oh I see we have to make the truck ourselves lol.  I then asked him if that was all we needed for the truck and he said we needed tires too of course!  "Tire Kingdom has all the tires WE need, mom!"  Gotta love commercials.

We talked a bit more about the responsibilities of owning a dog and he discussed what he would need to do for the dog everyday.  The subject of doggy pottying came up.  I asked what we would do with the poop and whether we would just leave it in the yard or pick it up.  He told me he'd make an invention!  He likes to invent things in his head.  This invention would "Pick up the poop and NEVER get dirty.  Then it would shoot the poop all the way to outer space."  Hahahaha!  Oh I love this kid.  I told him we would make millions of dollars on that invention.

All of this from a 20 minute long discussion on dogs...from the kid who scored poorly on his communication assessment.  Riiiiight.  BAM can communicate better than some adults I've met.

Pics of doggy joy will soon follow I'm sure.  They still don't know he's coming but it will be in the next two days (as soon as mommy gets through puppy proofing some of the house).

No comments:

Post a Comment